Monday 17 October 2011

Twin Surbo Proton Gen 2

Twin Surbo Installation
Location – Kota Kinabalu Sabah
I received a call from a friend who complained about me not picking up his calls. Actually it was more like every time he calls, I will be doing something else and away from my phone. Anyway, after concluding that I knew where exactly his location, I decided to go and fix 2 units of Surbo for his Gen 2. I am not really sure if it was a Proton Gen 2 or Proton Persona. The engine bay looks the same to me but maybe; just maybe, it was a Proton Gen 2. I wish to extend my apology to the owner for misquoting his car’s type here if there is.
Proton Gen 2
 Continuing to the main topic, before the installation, his car was using a custom 3 inch air intake piping. It was a perfect place for the Surbo to be. It was a straight 3 inch custom air intake piping with cone air filter.
Custom air intake with cone filter
 To begin with, there is something has to be done before the installation can be carried out. The owner has installed another performance parts on his air intake and wants to take it out. The Surbo cannot be fitted into the piping if the other performance part still inside. The performance part was glued into the piping. Then it must be hard to take it out. Well, you bet. It took me almost eternity to remove the glued parts. Luckily the owner got the time to wait for me to extract the performance part.
Thank you for the painstaking removal process
After the removal, come the installations. Two units of Surbo were fitted into the intake piping and hurray!! It was ready for a test drive.
Before installation


Inside it goes..

Another one here..
Upon completion of installation, the car owner did not carry out any test drive at all. He just pays and left for work. The only comment I got from him later was “good, power and better fuel economy”. Well, that sums up the whole thing from performance to fuel  consumption efficiency. As tiring and painful the job may be but customer’s satisfaction in the end was the real motivation for me to ensure all installation are perfect. Happy driving Sabahan!!. Surbo Sabah.

No comments:

Post a Comment